Saturday, October 2, 2010

I am where I need to be.

I am definitely where I need to be.
In general.
life. geographically. mentally. spiritually.

Being at BYU has blessed me so much. I have learned so many things about myself and what I need to do to make myself better.
I have heard from so many apostles and leaders of the LDS church and their countenances, messages, and spirits have made such an impact on me and my own testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I have gone to the Lord for help so much since I've been here and it has just made my life so much better. My stress levels aren't as huge and my outlook on life is so much more positive and happier. Happiness is a state of mind, which has helped me so much and it leads to the greater goal, which is joy and joy is a state of being. I've learned that it's not the fact that I lost the game, but that I played the game to the best of my ability. God isn't as concerned with the grades I get at BYU, but He's concerned of whether I learned from the classes I'm taking, the mistakes I've made, and the enjoyment I've had. He's concerned with my acknowledgement of HIm and the hand He has in my life and that I'm trying my hardest to serve Him. He loves me and wants me to obtain a joyful state; loving everything in my path, whether it's enjoyable or not, but knowing that there with be an even better outcome after the suffering. I love my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. I couldn't ask for anything better than their love for me. General Conference today really hit me, especially when President Uchtdorf quoted Leonardo Da Vinci saying, "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." I don't need to make things complicated and more twisted than they need to be. God is always on my side and is there to help me when I ask Him for His guidance. This is my testimony that God lives and is mindful of us, and I say these things humbly, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Once again you amaze me. I am sooooo glad that you "get it". I am proud of you and love you with all my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your testimony and example!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing that.You are so amazing.

    ReplyDelete