Thursday, September 20, 2012

Her Price is Far Above Rubies...

This girl is one that I admire very much. Her name is Rebecca COOLIO Blair. And yes, her middle name is Coolio. I say so and so do the other 3 of our roommates. So deal with it. She's the coolest.

BCB, for one, is very talented. She can play guitar (she'll tell you can't, but really she's BOMB at it). She's hilarious! She reads amish novels for fun. She quotes Disney movies like nothing I've ever seen before. AND she's so gangsta, yo.

She's SO beautiful. I can think of so many times when Becca and I would stay up late just talking about our families. How much we love them. How much we've learned from them and their experiences. We would talk about our friends. How much we admire them. How much we aspire to be like them. We would talk about our God. How much He loves us. How much He cares for us. We could talk for hours about how difficult our lives have been, but that we wouldn't trade all of those many experiences for anything because we have become so much stronger because of them. I have really grown to love this girl. She makes me better just by knowing her.

She's currently in Romania. She's seeing the world! I miss her so much! But the really cool thing about that is that she is going to grow so much! She's out in Romania, with brand new friends, no family, nothing familiar. BUT she has her God standing right next to her and He's going to teach her so much. About life, about love, about heartache, about not having to be alone. As long as she trusts in Him completely.
And I just think that is SO AMAZING.

When I think of Becca, I think of the scripture in Proverbs about rubies.

Have you ever seen a precious stone?
How it sparkles. How it is cut to perfection.



She's worth MORE than that.

A seriously wonderful man will be lucky to marry her someday.
And I'll be just a little jealous. ;)

I luhh ya, BCB.
Make sure to hold (or eat) some Romanian babies for me!
-KK

No comments:

Post a Comment